Sunday, March 2, 2014

My Official Blog Launch !!!!!!

 
It's official, I have my very own blog!!! Woot, woot!
This is a big deal for me, because I am not technically savvy(at all) and was so intimidated to start blogging. But with a little help ( ok, a lot)  from my teenage daughter and awesome hubby I am now ready to embark on my blogging adventure.
So for my first post, I want to share with you the projects I created using the March card kit from DiscountPaperCrafts, on etsy. My eight year old daughter, Kaylah and I are part of a mother/daughter design team for this amazing shop. Cathie, the owner, puts together the most beautiful kits each month and Kaylah and I always have a blast designing with them. This time around, we created 4 cards and a large tag featuring Authentique's Flourish Collection and lots of gorgeous flowers. And there's still plenty left in the kit to create more! So, enough babbling...on with the show.


 
I just love the way this card turned out! The pleated canvas trim by Bo Bunny adds such a great touch to this card, don't you think? The bright, cheery colors of the Flourish collection instantly made me long for Spring, hence all the flowers and the butterfly.
 

 
Would you believe Kaylah designed this card all on her own! She picked out the papers and the dies she wanted to use and how she wanted to incorporate them on the card. I just helped glue things down ( she thinks that part's boring). The branch is by Spellbinders and we inked it and used Distress Embossing Powder in Vintage Photo to give it a realistic look. I think she did an awesome job. I'm so proud of my baby!
 
 
 
This one's Kaylah's favorite! I think it came out so cute. That floral pattern paper was the inspiration behind this card. It made me think of wallpaper and so I wanted to create a little room if you will. I picked up that cute wooden chair at Michael's and inked it with Vintage Photo and added a "cushion" using the pattern paper. I created the wainscoting by scoring a white piece of cardstock and added braided trim for the chair rail. We even created our own wall art using a wooden tile piece and some stamps that came in the kit. Some flowers and pearls finish off the card nicely!



We layered lots of pattern papers on this one and used some punches to add interest to the edges. Love that lattice die cut by Spellbinders! We colored our own seam binding with Lindy's sprays and added flowers and a doily. Both the butterfly and the acrylic sprays are from our stash.



We used the packaging of the Bo Bunny button pack to create our tag. We just adhered paper to both the front and back and used the stamps, along with white embossing powder to create our background. The white really stands out against that bright pink paper, love it!!! We used the frame stamp and stamped it on the back of one of the pattern papers and then fussy cut it out to serve as our focal point. There's that gorgeous canvas trim again! I love the way the pearls look over the canvas!


Well, I really hope you enjoyed my first post and I encourage each of you to go check out Cathie's shop. She has an amazing selection of all the latest scrap goodies at unbeatable prices. And of course, this amazing card kit; http://www.etsy.com/listing/177694519/march-cardproject-kit-featuring?ref=shop_home_feat_1

 DiscountPaperCrafts; http://www.etsy.com/shop/DiscountPaperCrafts?ref=l2-shopheader-name

I'll see you all real soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment