Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas Stocking and Mitten Gift Card Holders

Hi everyone! So Christmas is 2 weeks away and I haven't even started my shopping! Please tell me I'm not the only one ( I know there are others like me out there, hehe). No but seriously, I really need to get a move on. Sometimes, I just don't know what to get someone so I usually stock up on gift cards. Yeah, yeah,  I know that's a little impersonal but I'd rather buy a gift card than purchase something that will end up in a bin somewhere, or in the trash. I personally don't mind receiving a gift card, this ensures I get something I really want. And who wouldn't like that!
Anywho, I wanted to create some cute gift card holders for all my gift cards. I came across these super cute stocking holders on Pinterest and was instantly inspired. So let me show you what I made...

Stocking Gift Card Holders
 
 Aren't they cute? The ones I saw on Pinterest were created with a die, but I thought I could make my own by just using  a template. I found a stocking template online and printed it to size. I then cut it out and traced it onto heavy weight cardstock. This ensures I have a template I can use over and over again. 
The paper collection is "Christmas Home" by Teresa Collins. I also used bits of lace and braided trim to decorate my stockings. Those cute poinsettias are from HL and the leaves were fussy cut from the paper collection. I added a bit of tinsel to the tops to make them more festive.
I loved the stockings so much that I decided to make mitten gift card holders too. I made these a little more vintage looking and a lot more dimensional.
 
 
 
 
 
Omg, I adore the way these turned out! I found the sweet images online and printed them on ivory cardstock. Then I distressed them with Vintage Photo for the perfect aged look. I used Authentique's "Festive" collection for these.  The clear snowflakes  and the festive red ribbon are from the dollar store. The greenery is from a Christmas pick and the Pinecone bunch was purchased at HL.  Who wouldn't want  to receive a gift card in one of these. They can also double as cards if you just add a message on the back. Super cute!
 
I hope you like my projects! And hopefully I've inspired you to make your own sweet gift card holder.
Until next time, take care!!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment