Thursday, September 18, 2014

Kaisercraft 75 Cents Mixed Media Canvas, Card & Decorated Glassine Bag

Hello there scrappy friends! I'm finally back after what seems like an eternity! But boy it was one crazy summer let me tell you!
My move was by far the worse move ever ( and we've moved around quite a bit in the last 7 years)! It just seemed like everything that could go wrong did and then some. Like not fitting all our stuff into the biggest moving truck we could find, and having to make 3 trips! Ugggh! Then our power was shut off because hubby and I assumed the other had called the electric company to make arrangements for service ( which neither one of us did). It was on a Friday and they said power would not be back on until the following Monday. I'm surprised we made it 3 days without air conditioning in this Texas heat, without killing each other! I'm just so glad summer's over and we've gotten back to our normal routine. I've even had a chance to do some crafting, so let me share with you what I made...

Mixed Media Canvas

I made this canvas for a very special lady I met on Youtube. She is undergoing chemotherapy and has lost all of her hair. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be to have to go through such an ordeal. Personally,  I don't know how I would handle this situation.
But I would hope that I would have half the strength she has, because she is the most amazing and courageous woman I've ever known. I admire her so much for her positive attitude and her unwavering faith. Nothing can bring her down, I tell you! She is that  amazing!


Here's a closeup of the sentiment on the canvas. This special lady loves flowers so I made sure to incorporate lots of lush blooms to my canvas. I used Spellbinders Floral Ovals and Large Ovals Dies along with scraps from Kaisercraft's 75 Cents paper collection for the focal point of the canvas.


 I  created the background with a damask stencil and gloss gel medium.Then I used several ink sprays, Ferro special effect paste, and acrylic paint to create a grungy, yet feminine look.

Thinking of You Card

I also made her a card to coordinate with her canvas. Here, I used Spellbinders Opulent Ovals dies and some pretty paper doilies. 


Here's another view of the card. I finished the inside to match the outside of the card as well.

Decorated Glassine Bag

Last, but not least, I decorated a medium size glassine bag to round out her gifts. I wanted to send her some pretty laces so I wrapped them around a pretty tag and stuck it inside the bag. I think it turned out so pretty!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment