Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Vintage Tea Themed Paper Bag Card

Welcome back to my blog! Today, I just have a quick card share I created for a challenge on Youtube. The challenge was hosted by Not2Shabby shop and required us to create a paper bag card. Having never made one before, I thought I'd participate and give it a go. Not only was so easy to make, but the card turned out great! Let me know what you think.


I went for a vintage, tea theme for my card with browns and pinks. I just love this paper collection by DCWV, appropriately called "Garden Tea Party". The paper bag I used is just a standard lunch bag size. I folded it in half and then adhered my papers. The closure for my bag is a bit of lace ribbon I had in my stash.

 
I created all the flowers from coordinating cardstock using Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms Dies. Then I dabbed them with white acrylic paint to make them more shabby. The leaves were fussy cut from the paper collection and I added pips to my flower clusters.


For the focal point of my card, I used a stamp set by Graphic 45 called Tea party. I stamped the images onto a piece of pattern paper and then fussy cut them out. I then,  adhered them to the Spellbinders circles with foam tape for dimension. The cute sentiment is from a Fiskars stamp set called Latte Love.


The inside is also decorated with the pattern paper. I created a pocket on the left hand side that's perfect for adding a gift card. The stacked tea cups and flowers were also fussy cut from the collection and adhered to the bottom right hand side. This still leaves plenty of room for me to write my message to the recipient.


 This is the back of the card, also covered with the beautiful papers.

That's it! I love the way it turned out. The paper collection and the stamps were just perfect for what I had in mind. Hope you like it too!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment