Tuesday, April 8, 2014

DiscountPaperCrafts April Card Kit

Happy Tuesday everyone!
I'm looking outside my window right now and boy, is it gorgeous outside! Makes me wonder what I'm doing inside typing on this computer,lol. I literally can hear birds chirping and everything looks so green outside. The trees have gotten all their leaves and my roses are starting to bloom. I can't wait to see in them fully bloomed, in all their glory. I just know they're going to be gorgeous!
You know what else is gorgeous? The April Card Kit from DiscountPaperCrafts, of course! Cathie put together another beautiful kit and Kaylah and I had so much fun working with it. The kit features Kaisercraft's Telegraph Road paper pad and the coordinating collectables. The collectables make it so easy to put together fabulous cards and tags. You also get flowers, trims, Cheery Lynn doily die cuts and even the cardstock! It truly is a complete kit all on its own. We barely had to reach for our stash to complete our projects. Let me show what we created.

 
Just look at everything we made with the kit: 3 cards, 1 tag, and 2 favor boxes. And there's still plenty more paper left to create more!
 
 
 
These are the two favor boxes we created. I love the size of them and they are so simple to make. A few die cut pieces on top is all the embellishment they needed, since the paper is so pretty.
 
 
We filled our boxes with shredded tissue, added some mini cupcake liners and filled them with sea salt caramels. But, you can fill them with whatever you like. I think these make for a cute little gift.
 
 
Here's the first of our cards. It measure 5 1/2 x 5 1/2. We layered several pieces of pattern paper and used lots of die cuts from the coordinating Collectables pack. I love how the Cheery Lynn doily accents the sweet sentiment die cut. Some pretty flowers and die cut leaves add a cute touch.
 
 
This card turned out so pretty too. I love the pops of red and the sweet little bird die cut.
 
 
 Our last card was the easiest to make. We didn't want to cover up that cute cluster with the bird and vintage phone. So we fussy cut it out from a second piece of pattern paper and used foam tape and adhered it to the card to give it a 3D look. I created a few little banner pieces using some scraps and added a border strip on top. I just knew I was going to use that sentiment for this card because of the phone. So cute!
 
 
Last, but not least is our tag. We created the tag out of some leftover cardstock and covered both the front and back with pattern papers. Kaylah really wanted to use the other Cheery Lynn doily and so we cut it in half and placed it on the left of the tag. Then we added some flowers and die cut leaves to create a little cluster. Some more die cut Collectables and pearl string complete the look of the tag.
 
We hope you like what we've done with Cathie's wonderful kit and we really encourage you to get your hands on one. Cathie always puts together the best kits and this one is just jammed packed with goodies. You really don't need much else to create beautiful projects. You can purchase your kit here:
 
Thank you so much for stopping by and we hope to see you real soon!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment