Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Magnolia Altered Wood Gift Bags

Hi guys! Welcome back to my blog.Today I want to share a design team project for Not2Shabby.
Jamie was kind enough to send me some really cute stamps to work with this month and I received another Tilda! Would you believe it is only my second Magnolia stamp ever, lol. Between the cute stamps and the Dookickey dies, I'm officially hooked on Magnolia!
Since I'm all fired up for Spring, I created another Spring themed project.


I had picked up these cute wood gift bags at my local craft store and thought it would be cute to alter them as little favor boxes. I painted the inside of the boxes and covered the outside with Prima's Songbird collection. It's an older collection but oh so pretty and I just love the soft colors.
The sweet Magnolia stamp is Tilda with Hanging Rabbit and it was stamped onto watercolor paper and colored with watercolors for a soft look. 


 I used a lot of my Doohickey dies to create an outdoor Spring scene. The butterflies are from a MS punch and all the edges are inked with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. 


I inked all the die cut pieces too,to make them pop against the soft background. Then I added little pearls to the flower centers and on the hanging sign.


 On the back, I created a little envelope to hold a small card for the recipient. 


This is the second one I made. It's very similar to the first one so I'll just post some pictures.





I think they turned out so cute. Now, all I have to do is fill them with goodies and they're all set! 

Head on over to Not2Shabby and don't forget to use discount code "LIZRUSSELL" for 10% off your purchase.
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment