Friday, July 31, 2015

"Rustic Harmony" Altered Cupboard

Hey crafty friends! Man, it's been a busy summer!!! I'm sure you all can relate, right? With the kids being home from school and trying to find ways to entertain them,(so they don't kill each other,lol), it's hard to find time to craft.Plus I still have to clean house, run errands and you know, do everything else.Geez the  never ending workload of a stay at home mom!!!  But... I did manage to make some time to create 2 more projects for Sacrafters shop, this month. I will share one today and the other on the next post. Today's project is a storage unit for my craft table. I needed something to store some of my smaller laces and trims, and Sacrafter's Cupboard w/ shadowbox was just perfect for the task.


Like all of Sacrafter's products, this was so easy to put together. I painted all the surfaces that were not going to be covered with paper, with a light gray acrylic paint I mixed myself.Then I adhered all my papers, buffed the edges and inked them with Tim Holtz's Pumice Stone Distress Ink. The papers I used are from Kaisercraft's Rustic Harmony collection and are just dreamy!


I didn't want to over embellish the top of the cupboard so I just added a wooden frame, a few of the coordinating die cuts, flowers and bits of lace. I threw in a few pearls here and there for good measure.


I spattered paint on the entire piece just to give it a more rustic feel. I really love the wood grain paper I used on the sides. Really looks great!


Here you can see the spools I used to hold the wooden frame up, on top. I painted them with the same light gray paint mixture and wrapped coordinating ribbon and lace around them.


The shadowbox area is perfect to store these simple lace cards. It fits quite a bit of them in there.


 The door pulls are Kaisercraft's wood flourishes with a G45 metal brad in the middle. I took the prongs off the brads, painted them with gunmetal paint and then dabbed light gray acrylic paint t the tops. Perfect little door pulls!


Behind the doors is storage space for more lace cards or spools. 


Here's the back of the unit covered with the pretty papers and splattered with bits of paint.

What a great piece! It was so much fun to alter and it looks so pretty sitting on my table. When I need to reach for some of my favorite smaller, laces all I have to do is reach across the table and there they are.
I sure hope you head on over to Sacrafters and check out her shop. If you love to create unique, off the page projects, this is your one stop shop! Don't forget you can use discount code "LIZFANS" to save 10% off your purchase of $30 or more. 
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Hope you'll come back and visit real soon!
Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment