Sunday, July 12, 2015

Tilda Altered Tray Embellishment Center w/ 3D Tea Cups

Happy Sunday everyone! Today, I'm coming at you with my first GDT project for Sacrafters shop, for the month of July.  Sa sent me so many awesome goodies to alter and I always get so excited when I'm asked to guest design for her shop.One of the first things I noticed, in my DT package, was a cute little serving tray. Having recently picked up Tim Holtz Tea Time die, I thought of a great way to incorporate the two into a cute embellishment center. Check it out!


This is the largest of the serving trays available in Sa's shop and was so easy to put together. I painted all the exposed parts with Bleached Sand acrylic paint by Americana and then I covered it with papers from Tilda's Tiny Treasures paper pad. I just adore this paper pad for all it's sweet images and gorgeous papers! 


All the edges were distressed with a sanding block to give it an aged look. Then I adhered a pretty floral trim all around the tray and flat back pearl trim on top of that.


I created small flower clusters on each handle side with die cuts from the paper pad and flowers from my stash.


I'm so in love with the gorgeous prints of this paper collection.
So shabby chic!


The sweet tea cups were created with Tim Holtz Tea Time die. I die cut the tea cups and saucers from the paper collection and made them 3D. If you're interested to see how I did that, go check out my mini tutorial, here.


I added a flower die cut piece to the front of each tea cup. Then I made the cute little tags and glued them to the inside of the tea cup. I filled each tea cup with shredded tissue and tiny fabric flowers. And now I have a really cute embellishment center for my craft table! I can switch out the embellishments to suit the project I'm working on and the tray serves as a pretty decor piece.

I hope you like my project and I encourage you all to check out Sacrafters shop. Her off the page products are so unique and so much fun to alter. You can use my discount code "LIZFANS" for 10% off your purchase of  $30 or more.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Hope to see you all real soon!
Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment