Thursday, June 26, 2014

12 Tags of 2014, June

Hi guys! It's been a couple of weeks since I posted on my blog, but I've just been super busy. The kids are on summer vacation and I've been putting in a lot of hours at work. So that  leaves me with only a few hours here and there to craft or do anything else, for that matter! Don't you just hate it when life gets in the way of crafting, lol? Well, I did manage to squeeze in my tag this month with just a few days to spare. Let me know what you think!

 
Tim showed us a really cool way to use our stencils and Distress inks to create a watercolor background for our tag. This was my second try since I didn't like the way the first one turned out. I guess it's because I don't have any of the mini ink pads and it was hard applying several colors onto the stencil without it turning all muddy. Some of you may know, I have an obsession with all things "Alice" and having just ordered some new stamps from Oxford Impressions, I saw this as the perfect opportunity to play with my stamps.
 
 
I used the harlequin stencil ( which always reminds me of Wonderland), Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Peacock Feathers, and Black Soot Distress Inks to create my background. Then I stamped large flourishes using Versamark Ink and white embossing powder. I randomly stamped small script over the tag with Barn Door Distress ink for a pop of red. I colored Alice with distress inks and a water brush and aged the tag with Vintage Photo.
 
 
The two little wooden toadstools are by Recollections. I inked them with Barn Door Distress ink and sponged a bit of white paint on the tops then I lightly inked them with Vintage Photo. You may not be able to see it all that well, but I also added gold embossing powder on the edges of the tag.
 
 
I used the same colors as my background to ink up the seam binding and then I made the Paula bow and tied it on my tag. I had some cute charms that I thought would go well with my tag so I attached them to the bow using a charm clip. That's it!
 
I love the way my tag turned out and I'm really glad I found the time to participate this month. You still have a few days to play along, so I really hope you'll give it a go. Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll see you all real soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment