Monday, June 2, 2014

"Lady Rose" Cards and Super Cute Mini Layout

Hi everyone! It's been a couple weeks since I posted anything but I've just been so busy with, well...life. For starters, the kids are out of school for the summer and I have a new houseguest. We had torrential rains a few days ago and part of my house flooded. Ugggh, imagine the cleanup! I'm just thankful it didn't get much worse and cause too much damage.Also, I've been working on a commissioned project for the last couple of weeks and it is really taking up a lot of my time. It's actually a very simple, but tedious project which I'm hoping to get done this week. Hey, at least I'm getting paid for it , right?
Well, today I wanted to share with you the projects Kaylah and I created using the June card kit from DiscountPaperCrafts. Yup, we managed to finish them even with all the craziness going on! The June kit is so, so pretty. I know I say that about all the kits, but I just really fell in love with the colors on this one. It features Kaisercraft's Lady Rose collection with it's rich browns and burgundies, and beautiful roses adorn a lot of the papers. It was a fussy cutter's dream using the roses and other images as embellishments. Cathie does such a wonderful job putting these kits together and we barely used anything from our stash to complete the projects. Really, the kit is perfect all on it's own!

 
I love the way this center step card turned out! Everything you see on the card comes with the kit, except the little ribbon on top of the birdcages and of course, the TH Ornate Frame die  used to diecut the frame. I fussy cut the roses, bird and birdcages from pattern paper out of the 6.5 x 6.5 pad and used them to embellish my card. The border pieces on the bottom are diecuts that come in the paper pad. And just look at those colors, so rich and beautiful!
 
 
This card was a bit more simple, but still so pretty. It measures 5 1/2 x 5 1/2  and we distressed all the edges lightly with our distress tool. I fussy cut the corner pieces, roses and crown and even those cute little butterflies. The Wooden Flourish Ornate Plate adds such a wonderful detail to the card. You get a pack of two in the kit and they are so fun to work with. We kept this one in it's original color but Kaylah used some clear embossing powder on it to make it glossy. That kid just loves using the embossing powders, hehe! We added a seam binding bow and pearls from our stash and viola!
 
 
And here is our gate fold card! I used TH Distressed Doily die for the flaps and they turned out gorgeous! The sentiment is a die cut from the paper pad and the roses were fussy cut from the pattern paper. The white roses that come with the kit add the perfect touch to the rose clusters.
 
 
Here's the inside of the card. We layered several pieces of pattern paper and added a fussy cut rose cluster at the bottom. Perfect spot for a sweet message.
 
 
This card also measures 5 1/2 x 5 1/2. Notice the piece of tulle we added between layers of paper? I thought this would add a romantic touch to the card along with all the roses and the ornate oval die cut. The roses were all fussy cut from the paper as well as that corner piece, little bird and butterflies. The birdcage wooden flourish also comes with the kit, in a package of 2. Kaylah embossed it with gold embossing powder and dabbed it with Snow- Tex. Told you she loves her embossing powders!
 
 
 I really fell in love with this page and couldn't bear to cut it so we decided to make a mini layout. It turned out so cute and only measures about 6 1/2 x 6 1/2! We adhered it to a piece of coordinating cardstock from the kit and used only scraps to create it. I did a little bit of stenciling in the background using a homemade modeling paste and TH stencil. I also cut a paper doily in half and used it around my pictures. That pretty ivory trim also comes in the kit and adds beautiful texture to the layout. We used the second wood flourish ornate plate, topped it off with a metal banner piece and added some fussy cut roses and paper flowers from the kit. Perfect!
 
 
So there you have it! Hope you like what we created using the beautiful June Kit. You can get your hands on the kit here:
 
 
Hope you all have a wonderful week and I'll be seeing you real soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment