Sunday, July 6, 2014

Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante Shrine

Hi everyone! I almost forget to share one of my favorite projects with you all. I made a Steampunk Shrine a few weeks ago, but had been too busy to post and then I simply forget all about it. So today, I saw it in a corner, covered with scraps from other projects and thought I'd share it ( before I forgot again, hehe).


I started off with Sacrafter's Gears Shadowbox and covered it with Graphic 45's Steampunk Debutante papers. The gears were painted with metallic puffy paints and distressed with black gesso. I simply dabbed the gesso on top and then rubbed some off with my fingers. This creates a cool, grungy affect.I did the same technique on the chipboard pediment from Tim Holtz.


Look at the pretty Steampunk lady inside. I fussy cut several images and layered them over one another to decorate the inside of my shrine. 


I love the way the sides turned out. Again, these are all fussy cut pieces just layered together to create this design. It sort of reminds me of Tattoo art, don't you think?


From this angle, you can see some of the fussy cut images inside. It's hard to see all the details but there is a lot of layering going on.


The feet of the shrine are empty bullet casings adhered with E6000. I used my fingers and dabbed some of that coppery puffy paint and then grunged them up with the black gesso. I think the feet look so cool!!!


And here's the back of the shrine. I used one of the Steampunk frames and added mini gears to her hair. I also added glossy accents to the mirror eye to give it a realistic look. Then I just added a fussy cut butterfly to the flowers on the bottom left hand corner, and that's it.

Being a lover of all things Steampunk, it's only natural I fall in love with this piece. Almost everything I make ends up in someone else's home. But this puppy is all mine and I can't wait to add it to my display case! Hope you all like it as well and thanks so much for stopping by!

I'll see you all real soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment