Thursday, May 22, 2014

12 Tags of 2014, May

Hi everybody, welcome back! Today I want to share with you my take on Tim's May tag. I'm so proud of myself because I finished it with plenty of time to spare. I just knew I had to do it now because I'm going to be crazy busy in the next 2 weeks and wouldn't have the time then. It was a very simple tag this month, I think the hardest part was using all the little trinkets I've been collecting.But why collect them if you're never going to use them, right?  So here's my take on the tag:

Imagine, Create, Inspire tag
 
I kept it pretty simple and followed Tim's lead. I created the background with a combination of Peeled Paint, Wild Honey and Pumice Stone Distress Inks. Then I  splattered some water on the tag to create a mottled look. The tiles were cut out of chipboard and I covered them with bits from the Wallflower paper stash. Before adhering the tiles, I adhered my tag to a piece of burlap paper, a tad bit bigger than the tag. The burlap frames the tag nicely and I really like the way it looks.
 
 
The inspiration for the tag came from a wall hanging I had seen at a store. It just read Imagine, Create, Inspire. I thought that really summed up what we do as crafters, so it would be perfect for the tag. The butterfly tile is just like Tim's, since I really liked the look of the butterfly over the sticker frame. I just  added a chit chat sticker that reads inspire, to complete my title. The little light bulb is for the sparks of creativity and the #5 game piece is just for the month of May. This way I remember what month this tag was for.
 


The key and keyhole are to symbolize unlocking our talents and opening up our minds to the possibilities. I love those cute little gears, too.They symbolize the gears turning in our heads, working full speed, helping us to come up with new ideas. I used a Philosophy Tag that reads "Imagine" and then used several different Alpha Parts to spell out " Create". The letters were too shiny, so I scuffed them with my sanding block.
 
Well, I hope you like my tag. You still have plenty of time to play along if you haven't already.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you all real soon.

3 comments:

  1. What a great take on Tim's tag!!
    I just looked at some older posts on your blog and I like your style. You make beautiful things

    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sonja! That is so sweet of you to say and I really appreciate it. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Hi Liz, love your tag, a great take of Tim's May tag, all the elements are perfectly balanced. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog. Will return to see more of your beautiful work.
    Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete