Sunday, February 15, 2015

Baby Girl Shadowbox Birth Announcement

Hi guys! I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines day and are enjoying this beautiful Sunday. Today I'm sharing a new project I created as guest designer for SaCrafters. SaCrafters carries unique shadowboxes, storage boxes and other items made out of wood, mdf and chipboard. For today's project I used the Baby Girl Dress Layered Shadowbox and turned it into a cute birth announcement.


I love it! I think it turned out so precious! 
The picture is of my youngest daughter at only 6 days old. She's 9 years old now and this sweet picture just brought me so many sweet memories.


I used Kaisercraft's "Bundle of Joy" paper pad and fussy cut some elements to add to the shadowbox. I covered a few bare wood blocks with scraps of paper, added cute miniatures and a small piece of rosette trim to create a nursery scene.


Here you can see the distressing I did on the shadowbox. I first painted the entire thing with warm white acrylic paint, dabbed some petroleum jelly in some areas, then painted it with a coat of baby pink acrylic paint. I used fine grain sandpaper to remove some of the topcoat of paint and further distressed it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


I covered the back of the shadowbox with the pattern paper and added the stats of my baby's birth.The cute little feet are stickers I've had in my stash for years.


I added a piece of ribbon to the back so it can easily hang and be displayed in the home, as a beautiful keepsake.Lastly, I added pearls ( one at a time) to the rim of the shadowbox.

I think this project would make for such a wonderful gift and is such a sweet way to announce the birth of a new baby.I really do love the way it turned out.

I hope you all enjoyed my project share for today.
If you would like to get your hands on really unique shadowboxes, head on over to SaCrafters and don't forget to use discount code "lizfans" for 10% off your purchase of $30 or more. 
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment