Thursday, February 12, 2015

Tropical Shadowbox for SaCrafters

Good morning friends! I've been asked by the ever talented Sa, owner of SaCrafters, to be a guest DT member for the month of February. Sa designs creative and functional alterables out of wood, mdf, and chipboard. She sent me some great pieces to work with and today I'm going to share the first of four projects.


This is the Triangle Shadowbox available in her shop. As soon as I saw it, it made me think of the "Tropical Travelogue" collection by Graphic 45. I just knew it would be perfect for this project.


Inside, I created a tropical 3 dimensional scene. I did a lot of fussy cutting and layered all my pieces with foam and bits of moss.


The small glass bottles were brushed with Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint and stained with Vintage Photo Distress Stain to give them a weathered look. I then filled them with different colored sand and added sea shells around them.

.


For the sides, I added bits of decorative netting and fussy cut flowers and leaves from the paper collection.


This is the back of the shadowbox. I simply layered some fussy cut elements to create a sort of collage.

I just love the way the shadowbox turned out and I think it would be a great way to display mementos from your tropical getaways.

Head on over to SaCrafters shop and check out an amazing selection of wood, and chipboard products, as well as stencils. You can use discount code "lizfans" for 10% off your purchase of $30 or more. The discount code is good for the entire moth of February.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment