Thursday, February 26, 2015

Spring Garden Card-in-a-box

Hello there crafty friends! Today was the first time I've seen the sun in what seems like forever. It's been so dark and gloomy, here in Spring, Texas.. Now I know I shouldn't complain when some of you are dealing with 6 feet of snow and blizzards, but I'm just so ready for warmer weather. Aren't you? So in my attempts to get myself ready for  spring , I  created a garden themed card-in-a box. This is only the second time I've made one of these cards and I have to say they are so much fun. Not to mention adorable!


 The card is a Design Team project for Not2Shabby. I used an older paper collection by DCWV called The Preppy Princess Stack. I just love the soft colors and the images, perfect for fussy cutting.


The sweet image stamp is by C.C. Designs, called Rose. I've used her before on another card and I think she is just precious. I stamped the image onto watercolor paper and then colored her skin and hair with watercolors. I paper pieced her outfit using scraps from the paper pad.


I used 4 strips inside my card to get a fuller look for the garden. I love how it looks like she's standing in the middle of all the flowers. I die cut the  little fence from a Magnolia Doohickey die and the cute little clouds are felt stickers from my stash.


The sentiment was fussy cut from the paper pad as well as all the flowers on the side panels. I added cute little pearls to the flower centers.


This is the back of the card where I can write my message to the recipient. Some simple fussy cut elements adorn the corners.

 I think it turned out so cute and I really cannot wait for my roses to bloom come Spring.I really miss seeing all the beautiful colors in my garden.

Hope you like my card! Head on over to Not2Shabby to get the best deals on all your favorite image stamps. Use discount code "LIZRUSSELL" for 10% off your purchase.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment