Thursday, May 8, 2014

"Something Blue" Altered Printers Tray

Hello friends! Today I want to share with you a project I created to celebrate my recent wedding anniversary. My anniversary was on April 23 and I celebrated 8 wonderful years of wedded bliss with the love of my life. It really seems like we've been married so much longer though, because Jay has been in my life for over 14 years. What started out as friendship simply blossomed into love over time and I couldn't be happier. So to commemorate 8 wonderful years, here's my latest creation:


 
 
I used Prima's "Something Blue" collection and lots of wood and metal pieces I had on hand. I really love the soft colors of this collection and I printed out my pictures in Sepia tone to better suit the color palette.
The Printers tray was intended as  a gift for my hubby, but as you can see, it turned out more feminine than I had planned. " So who is it for really?" he asked. I had to laugh at that, guess I got carried away with all the flowers, hehe. But it did turn out so pretty and it's going to look wonderful hanging on my wall.
 
 






 
 
 








Phew! Lots of pictures,  I know. Just wanted to show you close ups and details of all that went into each compartment. Altering printers trays is a lot of work and this one was definitely a labor of love. I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it and I thank you so very much for stopping by. Have a great day !


No comments:

Post a Comment