Thursday, May 21, 2015

"Little Miss" Altered Shadowbox Stand

Hello crafty friends! Welcome to another project share for Sacrafter's shop. Like I've mentioned in my previous post, I'll be guest designing for her shop for the entire month of May. If you are not familiar with Sa's store, I highly recommend you check it out, here. You will find wonderful wood pieces to alter as well as amazing,one of a kind, wood and chipboard die cuts for all your crafty projects. I also have a a special discount code you can use to save 10% off your purchase of $30 or more.Simply type "LIZFANS" in the coupon box and, instant savings!
So today's project share is an altered shadowbox I created for my oldest daughter.It's just a little reminder for her to remember to always "shine"!


This is Sacrafter's Square Shadowbox Stand. It is made out of MDF wood and is so easy to put together. I covered the wood pieces with Bo Bunny's Little Miss collection. I only had a few pieces left of this collection and I put every scrap to good use.


I adorned the shadowbox with different fussy cut elements from the paper collection. Then I draped some pearls for an elegant look. Lastly I added flowers in coordinating colors and a beautiful Magnolia Doohickey butterfly to the corner of the box.


There's a picture of my lovely daughter inside this cute, resin frame. I just look at her picture and can't believe how much she's grown! She's turning into such a beautiful young lady, inside and out.The background paper had a really great quote that I thought fit perfectly with the project. It reads "Don't be so hard on yourself, choose to shine." She's had problems with low self esteem in the past and I've always told her it's a matter of choice. It's our choice to "shine" and be happy or to choose to be down in the dumps.Embrace who you are and be the best at being you! I think she's actually listened,lol!


This is the base of the shadowbox stand. I created a little cluster of  flowers, pearls and a fussy cut birdcage at the bottom.




 Side views of Shadowbox Stand.

 Back view of Shadowbox Stand.

My daughter loved the final outcome and called it her "little shrine". I'm just happy to have put a smile on her pretty little face.

If you would like to get your hands on this shadowbox or other similar products, head on over to Sacrafter's for a huge selection of off-the-page products. Don't forget to use my discount code for even more savings.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you like my project and I'd really love to know what you think.
Have a wonderful day and I'll see you all real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment