Thursday, May 7, 2015

Shabby Chic Wood Heart Banner

Hi guys! This month I've been asked to be a guest designer for my sweet friend Sa's shop. Sacrafters carries tons of OOAK wood and chipboard products to alter, as well as embellishments and stencils.And her prices can't be beat! You can use my discount code "LIZFANS" for an additional 10% off your purchase of $30 or more and it's good for the entire month of May.
Let me share with you my first DT project for the month.


I altered her Wood Heart Mini Album and turned it into a banner for my wall. I've been stressing out a lot lately and I just wanted a little reminder to appreciate the little things in life, and not worry about things I can't control. Of course, I had to make it shabby chic to go with my decor and I think it turned out quite sweet.


You get 10  raw wood pieces, 5 solid pieces and 5 cutout pieces to lay over the base. I didn't paint mine but simply covered them with designer paper and inked the edges with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. I printed out the words onto pattern paper and then adhered each word to the heart base, making sure I centered it with the opening of the heart shape.


The small flowers are all from my stash and I dabbed white acrylic paint to the tops. I created the music sheet flowers with my Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms Die and then sprinkled the flowers with Glamour Dust.


I really like how each piece has a different "window" shape, so I accented each opening with mini flat back pearls. The pearls add such a pretty little detail.



Lastly I threaded a piece of jute through each of the holes and tied pretty pink bows in between each wooden heart piece.

My heart banner looks so pretty on my wall and best of all it reminds me to "Live, Love, Laugh every day". And at the end of the day that is all that really matters!

I hope you like my project. Head on over to Sacrafters shop and check out all her alterable products and don't forget to use my discount code "LIZFANS" to save even more.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I'll see you all real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment