Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tilda "Happiness is Homemade" Altered Dresser

Good morning crafty peeps! Today I want to share another project I created for Sacrafter's shop. I'll be guest designing for her store the entire month of May and you can use discount code "LIZFANS" to save 10% off your purchase of $30.If you are not familiar with her store, you definitely want to head on over and check it out. She carries the most amazing and unique wood pieces to alter.All her products are so easy to put together and are made of quality materials.But don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself, here.
So today's project is another storage piece for my craft space. I altered her Wood Chest Dresser to store all my needle craft embellishments.


I busted out my Tilda "Happiness is Homemade" paper pad because I thought it was perfect for the  theme I was going for.


I really love this page with the Tilda doll so I used it for the front of the drawers and just added the little knobs. All the edges are inked with Vintage Photo.


I had a hard time cutting into this paper pad because the papers are just so beautiful. That's the reason I didn't embellish the sides and  just showcased the papers.



The top of the dresser looks so cute with all the needle craft themed embellies.I love the die cuts that come in this collection; cute little button cards,thread cards, flowers etc.I added some embroidery floss and a sewing needle to one of the thread cards to give it a realistic look. The little basket was a find from the thrift store and I created the little yarn balls from some leftover yarn.I made the knitting needles out of toothpicks and adhered a pearl to one end.The wooden spools are from my local craft store and I just wound a bit of lace around them.Then I added flowers, buttons and that cute scissors charm from my stash.

I love the way the dresser turned out and the 3 drawers provide enough storage for my embellishments. Plus the piece looks so cute sitting on my cabinet!
Hope you enjoyed today's project share. Please come back and visit me soon.

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment: