Thursday, May 14, 2015

Tags of 2015, May

Hi everyone! Today I want to share my take on Tim Holtz's May tag. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to play along in April but I made it a point to make time for this month's tag.  Especially when I saw how gorgeous it was! Tim really did an amazing job with this one. I loved everything about it from the burlap, to the vintage photo, to the handmade blooms. It was just stunning!

 May 2015 Tag

I worked on my tag the day before Mother's Day and as I was going through the Photo Booth  photos, I came across one that reminded me so much of my mother, when she was young. I just knew that was the one I was going to use and I decided to play tribute to my mom's love of sewing on my tag.I followed Tim's steps exactly but just improvised with products I had on hand.


Here's a closeup of the photo I used. I tinted it with Worn Lipstick, Tumbled Glass and Wild Honey Distress Markers.The ephemera pieces I selected worked really well with the sewing theme I was going for and I even added a little scissors charm to the top of my tag.


I love the way the flowers turned out, so pretty and vintage. I didn't have Tim's Mini Tattered Florals dies so I had to improvise with Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms dies. I die cut them out of Coredinations card stock and dabbed them with Walnut Stain Ink to give them that vintage look.


The pretty pink bow is made out of crinkled seam binding colored with Worn Lipstick Distress Stain. I just love how vibrant that pink looks. Then I just added the little Small Talk stickers and done!

I'm so in love with the way it turned out!!! Every time I look at it, it reminds me of my mom, and that just makes my heart happy!

There's still plenty of time left for you to play along. It really was so much fun working on this tag. Bring on the next one!

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope your day is a blessed one.


1 comment: